Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Trip to the Arctic Circle


So, I made it through Christmas with a pretty cool train, rocking pup and lots of socks… and after new year's we went to visit the Czech Republic. I must say, it sucked. The flight was terrible. I was promised my own bed but the flight attendants assessed me as being too big and after a couple of hours of my sincere (and loud) protesting, they got me a paper box to lie in on the floor. And they were surprised I kept on being "dissatisfied." I couldn't stretch my legs, my back hurt, the pasta was gross, and I wasn't able to sleep in 30+ hours… so, when I got to my grandma's I was REALLY upset. And when I thought everything was getting better, the time shifted. Don't take me wrong, I liked partying till morning hours but then every day somebody woke me up early 'cause they just had to call or ring the bell or even come to see me. The food was ok but I missed my goggrts, and the weather was terrible. I never realized this post-communistic country was so close to the Arctic circle. I was surprised not to see any penguins. Hm, they probably died out due to the inversion. Also, I never knew this country was so gray - the houses, the cars, the snow, the people. I don't think I've seen one person wearing something bright… or smile, for that matter. It was so depressing. Of course, everybody wanted a piece of me, nobody respected my wishes for privacy, and I took so many pictures like never before (and that's HUGE considering my parents are crazy wanna-be photographers). But on the bright side, I got lots of presents, didn't catch the throwing-up bug like mommy, and saw my grandparents and my cousin. The thing is, next time they can all come here. Or we can meet in Hawaii. Aloha.

No comments: