Monday, June 16, 2008

Time to redecorate


I heard that some children actually play with toy cars and listen to the stories of Mickey Mouse. I play with toy art books and listen to my mom explaining the difference between impressionism and post-impressionism. It's tough. The truth is that this art mania corresponds to my mom's school-starting-thing but still…

But don't take me wrong, I like modern art. I went to MOMA when I was 8 weeks old, for Aslan's sake! (btw: the ending of the third Narnia book is really crappy, don't even read it, just skip the last chapter). I think 20th century art is pretty cool and I'll gladly help with her homework (I mean, how else is she gonna ever pass that art course?) but the problem is, she doesn't even let me read her book in peace. True, I wanted to tear that one-ear-fellow's picture out of it and stick it in my crib (I mean, take a hint - it's time to redecorate! I ain't no little baby no more and I don't care for the piggie and cowie stuff in my bed)… where was I? Oh yeah, I tried to borrow that starry picture and she immediately snatched the book out of my hands and put it away.

Guess what, mommy? Next time you wonder why I'm making a scene when you sit down to your homework and ask for my help… wonder no more!

No comments: